Black Box HDMI Active Optical Cables flawlessly transmit uncompressed, full Ultra HD 4K60 (4:4:4) video signals hundreds of meters. This all-in-one cable design is plug-andplay, and eliminates the need for a modular solution including a transmitter, receiver, copper cabling, power and all of the potential points of failure that come with it. Simply connect the cable between your source and display like a standard copper cable and leave it to flawlessly transmit your audio/video signal without worry of signal loss or degradation. The cable is unidirectional: the source side connector connects to the source, and the display side connects to the display. Built-in technology inside the connectors actively converts the
electrical HDMI signal into an optical signal for transmission, and then back to electrical for display. They also use a hybrid design that includes both copper and fiber, in which the fiber
technology allows for significantly increased bandwidth that supports transmission of full Ultra HD video resolutions at distances that the copper alternatives just can’t come close to.
It also provides higher immunity to EMI/RFI interference and electromagnetic noise. And the inclusion of copper wiring in the design allows for power to go over the cable, meaning no
external power is required. This design also makes for a much thinner and more flexible cable with a tighter bend radius, making it easy to pull through tight spaces and more freely
navigate around corners and bends, not to mention much lighter than its all-copper counterparts. Black Box Active Optical Cables are the perfect A/V distribution solution for control rooms, digital signage, healthcare, conference rooms, mass transit and any other application where uncompromised, Ultra High Definition video is required
at extended distances.
- Extend full 4096 x 2160 (4k) @ 60 hz 4:4:4 video signals up to 100 m
- Data transfer rates up 18 gbps
- High dynamic range (hdr) video for expansive contrast
- Ratio and color accuracy
- Supports delivery of dual video streams to a display (if supported by display)
- 21:9 cinema aspect ratio
- Supports BT.2020 colorimetry
- Compliant with category 2 (600 mhz clock frequency) specifications
- PCM 8-channel, dts-hd master, and dolby digital true HD surround sound audio
- Up to 32 audio channels with 1536 khz sampling rate
- Supports delivery of multi-stream audio to up to 4 users
- Compatible with audio return channel (arc)
- Support EDID/CEC/DDC
- Compliant with all hdmi 2.0 and hdcp 2.2 specifications
- Gold-plated connectors ensure optimal performance
- Plug and play, no software to be installed. The source side connector connects to the source, and the display Side connector connects to the display
- Hybrid construction utilizes both copper and fiber.
- No external power is required.
- Ultra-thin, flexible cabling makes it easy to pull through tight spaces and navigate corners and bends with low risk of signal loss
- Fiber technology greatly reduces emi/rfi emissions
- Triple-shielding further protects against interference to ensure optimal signal quality
- Features zinc alloy hdmi connectors for enhanced durability