LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 9, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced two high quality, easy-to-use projectors designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Sold exclusively through distribution, value-added reseller and direct market reseller channels, the Epson PowerLite® 1221 ($549*) features XGA resolution and the PowerLite 1261W ($649*) delivers high-definition, widescreen WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) to fully utilize the capabilities of widescreen notebooks. In addition, both projectors offer 2800 lumens color and white light output2 for bright presentations and true-to-life color.
“Small and medium-sized businesses are looking for projectors that deliver amazing image quality at an affordable price and have the versatility to be easily set up in any room,” said Jason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. “The PowerLite 1221 and 1261W provide users with intuitive features and exceptional quality at a great value.”
The PowerLite 1221 and 1261W deliver an advanced feature set typically found in higher-end models, including flexible setup capabilities such as automatic vertical keystone and new Easy-Slide technology, an intuitive horizontal keystone adjustment slider for easy image alignment. In addition, both projectors offer advanced connectivity options, including USB Plug ‘n Play for instantly projecting video and audio from a PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection and a digital HDMI connection to provide high-definition video content for powerful entertainment possibilities.
More about the PowerLite 1221 and 1261W
The new PowerLite 1221 and 1261W offer several performance and convenience features for entrepreneurs, small businesses and mobile professionals, including:
- Positioning Flexibility: New Easy-Slide technology provides a horizontal keystone slide adjustment to create a rectangular image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen; automatic vertical keystone correction and screen fit provide for easy setup
- Easy Portability: Sleek, compact design and included carrying case offers easy portability and protection
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy and helping to save costs
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours3 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 1221 and 1261W will be available Sept. 2011 through national resellers, mail order, and distribution and are part of Epson’s ImageWaySM Partner Program. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty which includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day.