AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands. – Scala, the leading provider of end-to-end software solutions for digital signage and advertising management, will exhibit its new Scala Release 5.1 software that supports Windows 7 at the Integrated Systems Europe 2010 show, February 2-4 at the RAI International Exhibition and Congress Center in Amsterdam (Booth 12D89).
Building on Scala Release 5, which supports the new range of low-cost media appliances, Scala Release 5.1 expands the capability to take advantage of Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows® 7. Scala Designer, Content Manager, Player, Broadcast Server, Bridge Server and Ad Manager are now compatible with Windows 7.
Scala Release 5.1 includes close to 100 new transition effects and a new user interface for choosing them. It also provides a list of the most recently selected transitions. The new “Transition Visualizer” shows the user a real-time preview of the effects as they are selected. With so many high-quality, built-in 3-D effects, choosing the right transition is simple.
A new scheme for “player pairing” has been implemented in the new release Bridge Server for IAdea Media Appliances. A simple four-digit code is all that is needed to connect a low-cost media appliance to a Scala network. This is supported on IAdea High Definition Players, IAdea Standard Definition Players and IAdea Wireless Photo Frames.
Scala also has improved its built-in template support to allow users to select an audio file in a templated message. Release 5.1 also features improved web services for real-time data integration of playlogs with third-party systems and JPEG thumbnails of any media item or message in any resolution. Player Disk Space Management has also been added to support the new class of low-cost solid-state players such as those built into many of the newest Samsung LCD monitors. Release 5.1 is expected to ship before the end of Q1.
Several of Scala’s technology partners will be on hand to showcase hardware solutions that are compatible with Scala, including:
• IAdea Corp.: Maker of low-cost media appliances and photo frames that connect to Scala.
• MediaVue Systems: Offers a compact fanless digital signage Player optimized for Scala
• Blue Chip Technology: Creators of Vario L3 slim-line PC based Players
• iBase: Manufacturer of small form factor PC Players
The following companies are also providing technology used in Scala’s booth at ISE 2010:
• Advantech: European distributor of IAdea based players and PC based players
• AOpen: Providing PCs that are used in the Scala booth at ISE
• Kalkmann Audio: Developer of speakers designed for digital signage networks
• Tovis: Maker of high-tech LCD monitors for digital signage applications
• Utouch: Developer of touch-sensitive display screens and overlays
Additionally, Scala will provide visitors presentations about its digital signage applications in retail, banking, health care and education markets throughout the show.